Shish Kabob is such an easy but delicious meal and goes with a wide variety of things from traditional Middle Eastern side dishes like hummus and Israeli cous cous to white or yellow (Goya) rice and a host of different vegetables. You can grill the Shish kabob on a BBQ or if you don’t have access to one, you can use a George Forman Grill or simply roast them in the oven on a roasting pan or foil covered cookie sheet at 425 F.
You’ll need some skewers to put the meat and vegetables on. You can buy disposable, bamboo skewers at the grocery store (need to soak these in water so they don’t burn up) or you can buy some inexpensive but reusable metal skewers.
- 1 1/2 lbs London Broil or Pork Loin cut into 1-1 1/4” cubes
- 2 – green or red peppers cut into 1-1/2” chunks
- 2 – yellow or red onions peeled, quartered and each layer separated
- 1 pint of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint of fresh white mushrooms
- Dad’s Simple Marinade
- Marinate the meat in Dad’s Simple Marinade for at least 1 hour (more time will make the meat even more tasty!)
- Take a piece of meat place it on the skewer, then add a piece of green or red pepper, then a piece of onion, then a cherry tomato, then a mushroom.
- Keep repeating until the skewer is full. The order is not essential. Have fun!!
- Grill or roast the skewers with meat and vegetables for about 4 minutes front and back.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes like rice, hummus, cous cous…whatever. It’s all good!!
(Disclosure: All links to paid ads)